The subject site extends to approx. 0.89 acres (0.36 hectares) and is comprised of the former Clonmel Arms Hotel, the Former Banking Hall and No. 4 O’Connell Street. The Clonmel Arms is a three-storey over basement Georgian terrace built circa 1830. No. 4 O’Connell Street consists of a three-storey terraced building with a shop front at street level and offices at first and second floor level. The site benefits from Full Planning Permission (F.P.P.) for a 114 no. bedroom hotel to include dining, bar, conference & function facilities, over basement leisure facilities and car park.
On the 30th August 2019, Tipperary County Council granted planning permission for a new Clonmel Arms Hotel under Reg. Ref. 18/601355. The permission provides for the demolition of the more recent extensions (3,340 sq.m.) and works to the existing structures at No. 4 O’Connell Street, the Clonmel Arms Hotel and the Former Banking Hall (Protected Structure No. 284) at a total of 940 sq.m. to provide for: the construction of a new 114 no. bedroom hotel, associated dining, bar, conference & function amenities for the new hotel and a basement car park and leisure facility. Further planning details, including floorplans, are available upon request.
The subject property is situated in the heart of Clonmel Town, overlooking the River Suir and just moments from The Main Guard. The site is within a short walking distance of copious cafes, bars and eateries including Bakers Bar, D’Bunked, Lemongrass, The Bunker and Galileo Café to name a few. The surrounding area is also steeped in Irish history with numerous tourist attractions such as Cahir Castle, the Rock of Cashel and St. Patrick’s Well all located nearby. Furthermore, there are numerous options for outdoor activities including the Blueway along the River Suir from Clonmel to Carrick-on-Suir, Clonmel Golf Course, the Clonmel Races, Sliabh na mBan and the Comeragh Mountains.