Support at every stage of the residential investment process
Knight Frank’s Residential Capital Markets team understands the realities of generating positive returns in the residential rental accommodation sector. Equally importantly, we remove the guesswork from the development, acquisition and disposal of property.
Our confidence is based on rigorous research and analysis coupled with long experience. This lets us take advantage of opportunities, quickly and effectively and will prompt us to raise a red flag if a risky strategy is being followed.
Specific areas of focus
With access to worldwide sources of capital, advice and information, we help you make confident decisions and take action across four key investment areas:
- Multifamily/Build to Rent: We enable developers, private investors, landowners and institutional investors to make the most of current opportunities identifying appropriate funding, assess market demand and optimise returns within a specific location.
- Student Accommodation: Within this niche sector, Knight Frank offers invaluable assistance in investment acquisitions and disposals. By tapping into our extensive local market knowledge, the team can also advise on the suitability of development locations.
- Long Income Investment: State bodies agencies, local authorities and approved housing bodies constantly require high quality accommodation which can be leased over the longer term. Knight Frank has extensive experience in acquiring and selling such property and accurately assessing its viability.
- Alternative Living Options: In recent years, newer rental models have emerged. The vision for these involves a greater focus on community, shared resources and communal areas. Knight Frank can assess the potential for this approach and advise on the most efficient ways to create a product that attracts tenants while delivering positive returns.
Key acquisition, disposal, and consultancy services
Funding & Finance
- Investor funding and advice
- Investment committee and purchase reports
- Financial modelling
- Investment returns and viability assessments
- Property valuations
- Demographic analysis
- Supply and demand analysis
- Market trends and assessment
- Scheme optimisation
- Contract negotiation and advice
- Portfolio strategy
Contact our Residential Capital Markets Team to discuss how they can help you.