No 20 is an extremely special four-storey over raised basement Georgian style terrace town residence which has been lovingly restored and refurbished in recent years extending to approx. 464 sq. m / 4,990 sq. ft.
Entering the entrance hall immediately sets the tone for the property with stunning pitched pine floors, salvaged Victorian radiators and beautiful architraves, cornicing, and ceiling roses. Period features are present in abundance with working shutters, refurbished sash windows and marble fireplaces.
Briefly the accommodation comprises on ground floor a study to the front and dining room to the rear with an open gallery space on the ground floor return with access to the rear garden. There is a full width drawing room at first floor level behind which is the eat-in kitchen with bespoke John Meade timber cabinetry and Fisher & Paykel appliances.On the first return is a seating area with hand-painted stained glass windows, guest WC and a utility / comms room housing the gas fired boiler.
The second floor features the full width master bedroom to the front adjacent to which is a luxurious en-suite bathroom and dressing room. There is a shower-room on the second return. There are two double bedrooms and a bathroom on the third floor. At basement level there is a gym / playroom with secret room behind fitted bookshelves and a cinema room providing access to the front courtyard and under street storage. Furthermore, in the basement return is an infrared Clearlight sauna, a shower room and WC.
To the rear of this exceptional town residence is a two-tiered gravelled patio with a southeast orientation accessed from both the garden level via a single door and the hall floor via a flight of Granite steps, providing a tranquil space which needs little or no upkeep.
20 Herbert Street is located in a quiet neighbourhood right in the heart of Georgian Dublin. Just a short stroll from Baggot Street, Leeson Street and St Stephens Green this property benefits from a fantastic array of central Dublin highlights to include the finest dining options, with shops, bars and cafes all in abundance. Grand Canal Dock is also in close proximity.
The convenience of Herbert Street cannot be overstated, with all of the city’s amenities within walking distance. An excellent selection of schools are within the vicinity to include Loreto College and St Conleth’s College while Trinity College is also a short walk. For transport, hireable Dublin City bikes can be found on Herbert Street while DART, LUAS and Dublin Bus services are all in close proximity.
- Three phase electric supply
- Multi zone central heating
- Insulation between all floors and attics
- Cat 6 / 5e, coax, and fibre optic satellite distributed throughout
- Pearl nickel dolly style light switches
- HEPA filter heat recovery units throughout
- Clearlight Sanctuary Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna
- John Meade hand built kitchen with marble mosaic tile splashback
- Shutters restored and in working order
- Door knobs and estucheons sourced from Kings Handles, supplier to Kensington Palace
- Cast iron radiators reconditioned from the Belfast school of music
- Aquasana million gallon whole house water filtration system with 1,000 litre storage tank and energy efficient 3 bar pump
- Basement damp proofed by The Dampstore
- Radon barrier
- Repointed and recapped chimney stacks
- Monitored security and fire alarm
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.