The Global Residential Cities Index tracks the movement of average residential prices across 150 cities worldwide using official statistics. The index tracks nominal prices in local currencies.
- Istanbul is the city with the highest rate of price growth in the year to Q1 2022
- The average annual price growth across 150 cities is 11.5%, the highest rate since Q3 2004.
- 43% of cities are registering annual price growth in excess of 10%
- 9 cities out of 150, saw prices decline on an annual basis.
- Halifax is the top-performing city in North America with annual price growth of 34.7%