Irish Housing Market International Investor Report 2022 key findings:
- Population Growth: Population of over 5 million in 2021 with this forecast to reach 6m by 2051. Ireland has the youngest population in Europe and aver 40% of the population live in the greater Dublin area. reach 6 million by 2051, growing at a rate of 0.69% per annum.
- Strong Natural Demand for Housing: Demand for 30,000 – 35,000 units per annum.
- Supply lags demand: 20,433 units completed in 2021. The average supply over the last ten years was 12,632 units per year.
- Prices Increasing Steadily since 2013 across all sectors: there has been a particularly large increase in prices from Jan 2021 – Jan 2022. Apartments have increased by 11.7% in Dublin and 13.5% Nationally. House prices are up 13.6% in Dublin and 15% Nationally.
- Density, creative design, planning & work/life balance all drive vision of the future